My name is Karya Sipahi. I am a 3rd year Programmer student,
studying Computer Games Programming at the University of Gloucestershire.
I have always been intrigued by the way computer systems function and have
pursued this by studying computing throughout my life.
- Programming and Mathematics for Games (44/66)
- Programming Fundamentals (55/75)
- An Introduction into 3D Modelling (63/67)
- Games Production (67/67)
- Programming Low Level Architecture (75)
- Programming High Level Architecture (85)
- Games Engine Programming (85/85)
- Experimental Games (85)
- Games Professional Awareness (85)
- Level Design (73/83)
Year 3: Current
- Individual Research Project (68/72)
- Advanced Group Project Ongoing
- Advanced Concepts in Gaming (82)
- Indie Game Development (78)
- Advanced AI Algorithms (65)
- Graphics Programming with Shaders Ongoing
How this has affected me?
- Studying these modules has guided me towards my goal of
becoming a gameplay programmer. During my degree, I have developed my
analytical skills and ability to read, manage and write code
in C++ and C#. I also have extensive knowledge with Unity, Visual Studio,
GitHub, Jira and Confluence, and become familiar with a range of software
including 3DS Max, BitBucket, Sourcetree, Unreal, SQLite and
- Experimental games allowed me to broaden
my knowledge in places I had not yet researched.
I created a game, within a team, which involved connecting
a dance mat and Wii remote to a PC. This required
learning new ways of programming and faced us with
a challenge I enjoyed tackling.
- Unreal Engine
- Visual Studio
- 3DS Max
- GitHub Desktop